Vanished Fanfiction

Monday, November 10, 2014



I haven't posted here for a while, I can't say it is because I have been busy.

I looked over some old documents on my computer the other day, read some old stories. There was a Buffy fan fiction I wrote back in 2009 and I am sure I finished it. I remember the ending and the lead up to it, and even what I described Buffy to be wearing (we all know that is a big part of it). I don't know where the other 40 or so small pages disappeared to. All I could think of was that it didn't transfer over properly from my old computer that I spilt water over while at University. This was quite disappointing to learn as I spent a lot of my spare time on that story; I know it wasn't the best I've done, but it was the first longish story I completed. And now it's just gone.

Buffy Sad
This was me
Luckily, I keep my other creative work backed up externally but losing this insignificant piece of work still got me thinking about what would happen if I lost City of Masks. I'm pretty sure I would be heartbroken; so much time, energy and love has gone into this story that I would be very upset if it happened to disappear one day.

I'm well into the climax of City of Masks, so now it's just a quick burst of energy, a return to the equilibrium (somewhat) then it's finished.
The next big step is the editing process. Yay.

Lauren

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate