Plugging Away

Friday, October 03, 2014

Hello.

Another update. I have been working hard on my book City of Masks recently and have written approximately 8,000 words in three days; which is far more than I have written in the past year.

I have Joanna Penn to thank for that. I attended a talk she held at The Escape School on Tuesday 29th September titled, 'How to make a living from your writing.' She made the point that you should write everyday for however long you can spare. As I am not working at the moment, I am able to write for at least a few hours a day. Because of this, I have made immense progress on the storyline of City of Masks, moving from starting the build up to just approaching the climax. I feel proud of myself for getting this far and it's lovely writing again. I love my characters in City of Masks and the journey they go on, both together and separately.

These guys I also have to thank. They have kept me focused and been the soundtrack to my writing for the past few days.




There are interesting things on the horizon for me and I will write in more detail about them in the future.

Lauren


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate